HI, I'm Carol.
I'm a wife
a mother of 5 energetic children,
1 dog and occasionally a frog and a few goldfish.
I enjoy a clean house,
a sparkling kitchen,
well ordered closets,
freshly laundered linens,
and floors free from small building blocks,
doll shoes & muddy shoes.
But that only happens in my life occasionally.
Most of the time
it's peanut-butter cookie crumbs
and strawberry jam fingerprints
mixed with (my favorite) sticky kisses.
That's okay because
I love my life,
sticky fingerprints and all.
I started sewing with my mom when I was 5.
So, yes, that means I've been sewing for a few decades.
Being creative makes me smile, and keeps me sane.
Being with my family brings me true joy
Makes this journey of life sweet and enjoyable.
I have a few thoughts I live by.
- Don't take yourself too seriously.
- Never participate in chain letters.
- Don't worry about what others think about you because they're probably too busy thinking about themselves and worrying what others think of them to worry about you.
- What you lack in talent can be made up for with determination and hard work.
- Surround yourself with people and things that make you smile.
- Find something you love to do and do it.
- Find someone you love to love and tell them.
- Take time to read a good book.
- Dance whenever you can.
- Elephants are always a good idea.
Maybe you'll find a chuckle or two in my shopping/sewing/family/life experiences.