Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've finally decided to do it!
After talking about it for years - 11 - to be exact. (I started thinking about it and being encouraged by my husband when we bought my sewing machine.)
I'm starting a business!!!
This is so exciting, scary, fun, stimulating, entertaining and let me add scary one more time.
For those of you not familiar with Etsy it is an online market place specializing in Handmade, Vintage, and Craft Supply items.
In my shop I'll be selling mostly sewn items but also a few other items that catch my creative interest.
I've decided to start this blog to keep track of and share what I'm doing and what I'm learning with this new creative adventure I'm embarking on.
I'll share sewing and crafting tips - hopefully things that will make your creating a little easier.
It seems I have a very large, sometimes excruciating learning curve and sometimes it would be so much easier if I could just learn from someone elses mistakes.
HERE's YOUR CHANCE TO LEARN FROM MINE!!!!
If you have something you want to share too leave a comment or email me and I'll post it for you.
The past few months as I've been seriously considering doing this and preparing for this have been a lot of fun for me.
I had forgotten what a rush I get from designing and creating things.
When I was little I loved to play with my Barbies. My favorite part was getting them all dressed up......most of the time I didn't play out the part of the story of where my Barbies went somewhere......I just got them all ready to go to the dance or out to dinner. I had a lot of fun clothes for them but my favorites were ones I created from scraps of fabric my mom gave me. When I got a little older I loved my Fashion Plates - you could lay the plates out and design clothes and then lay your paper on the plates and rub your crayon over it and make a coloring page. I loved those things!!!! I always said I wanted to be a designer back then.....but.....
THEN....
Life happened. I found other interests and I've enjoyed them all...but...all this time I've stuck with sewing........and now I'm back to finding new ways to design things and put fun vibrant fabrics together.......and I'm remembering how much I really, REALLY enjoy this.
AND....
Although I said I've been thinking about this for years the timing just wasn't right.
So I guess you could say this is my season.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congratulations Carol!! I am so happy you found a way to share what you love and I can tell you are super happy doing it!! I can't wait to see all your beautiful creations!