Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Autumn Spice Table Runner and CraftGawker

Admittedly I'm a little jealous of great photographers (and people who can spell. If you can do both I'm not sure I can have you as a friend anymore---sorry;-)). I've always enjoyed looking at pictures that can portray beauty, emotion, memory and clarity. Somewhere along the line in the past couple of years I've tried to check out a few books from the library and learn a little something about photography. I'm no where close to being good but I feel like I'm a little better......than I used to be. Turns out my few skills are coming in handy with my new business. Yet another reason why although I thought of doing this years ago it wouldn't have ever worked.On my shop blog a few weeks ago I posted about Craftgawker. A web site that features great photography of handmade items that are for sale. I just had my second item accepted!!! You can check it out at the site if you want, http://craftgawker.com/post/2009/08/29/4179/ or just look at it here. It's what I'm calling my 'Autumn Spice table runner'. It's another one of those things that I'm okay if it doesn't sell because that means I can keep it. I've decided that's the way to create things for the shop. Make things I'd love to keep then I won't feel bad if it sells and I won't feel bad if it doesn't sell. Okay, so enough of me bragging on myself. Thanks for looking and being patient with me

By the way, my friend Amy let me borrow her living room and dining room and take these pictures at her house. She has great light, great furniture, and a clean house. Perfect for taking pictures! Thanks Amy!


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29874132

No comments: