Monday, November 8, 2010

Cure for the Rainy Day Blues



It's a rainy day here today.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I guess I like it, but I'm not looking forward to a long, cold winter.
I try not to think about it too much because it usually ends up making me blue.
But I have a good cure for the Blues!
Spending time reading with the kids at the Elementary School.
 I try to spend a little time in my son's class each week and I love it.
 I usually end up laughing at one or all of the kids in his class, plus they like me ....... they really like me. 
So of course that makes me feel good. 



One time the kids got new reading anthology books while I was there. 
I happened to be within hearing range of my son and I heard him say to his friend.

 "This is my new book and I shall name him George Lucas. He will be my best friend. Come George, let us read."
 My son's friend laughed held up his book and said, "You shall be known as Abraham Lincoln." 
I thought I was going to fall over because I was laughing so hard.

So I guess what I'm say is find some way to give of yourself to your community! You get so much more back than you give.

No comments: