Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What We Found...a travelling, (post #1)

A word of caution....when we get to the nitty-gritty part of the post, just try not to think about it too much.
If you know what I mean. Well, you will.


In the city of Seattle. 
Right next to Pike's Market.
Down some stairs.
Out some doors.
There is an alley.


As my family emerged from the doors at the bottom of the stairway I heard,
"Wow, I saw this in National Geographic!" (from my 11 year old son)
"What is that?" (from my 7 year old son)
"Cool!" (from my 13 year old son)
"That is so gross!" (from my 15 year old daughter)
and a bit of a chuckle and then "That is pretty disgusting." (From my husband)
And then I looked up.


It was a gum wall.
a very, very large gum wall.
We had no idea it was there!


We stopped and stared....
in awe and disgust, shock and dismay....


....at the plethora of colors, shapes, sizes and designs.


Then, before we were overcome and with a bit of a laugh, we moved on.

No comments: