Now I just have to quilt it.
I'm feeling pretty good about it though.
This is my first ever quilt - quilt.
I've quilted but never sewn a quilt top.
So for my first attempt I made two -( matchy-matchy).
I've learned a few things along the way.
- measure twice - cut once. (good advice always)
- your iron is your friend.
- your pins are your friends.
- your ruler, cutting board, rotary cutter are your friends.
- your pins are NOT your friends when they poke you.
- spray starch is your friend.
- your friends are your friends (when they give you good sewing advice)
- quilts take a lot of thread, two quilts take even more.
- sewing is very therapeutic - even if you have to unpick a little.
Note: This post was published on my family blog in the fall of 2008. The sad thing is.....I haven't quilted and bound the quilt tops yet :(
I feel it coming...I just may finish this quilt....this year!
So I'm wondering what projects do you have lingering around? Have you decided to finish one or a ton of them up this year?
Feel free to drop me a note in the comments. I'd love to hear what everyone else is up to!