Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Bar with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe


It's that time of year. 
When the air is crisp with change and as sharp as the crunch of the fallen leaf under foot. 
I love this time of year. 
I love walking in the door and having the warm smell of homemade apple sauce and spiced pumpkin tickle my nose.
I even love the uncertainty of not knowing if today will be a sweater day, a coat day or an umbrella day.
I love that this is the time of year my love and I fell in love or at least admitted that we'd fallen in love.....oh, that was scary and wonderful!

So, in honor of all of these things I love I thought I'd share a fall recipe I love.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Not a diet food but oh so worth it. 
And the thing I like most about the frosting recipe is that it's just the right amount of frosting for the cake.
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who told me she always gets rave reviews when she makes it.
Over the years as I've made this same recipe for different functions I've found her words to be true.
I'm sure you will too.


Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Cup Oil
  • 2 Cups Pumpkin (from a can)
  • 2 Tble. Cinnamon
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda

*Lightly grease and flour a large jelly roll pan. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.

Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Mix well.
Add pumpkin and again mix well.
Add dry ingredients that have been sifted together, mix.
Pour into baking pan and cook on center rack for 25 - 30 min. When done will spring back when lightly touched.

Let cool and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1 Cube Margarine or Butter
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 3 oz. Cream Cheese.


Soften butter and cream cheese, beat all ingredients together to make frosting.

*If fat free cream cheese is used it will not beat into a smooth frosting. It remains lumpy.

Enjoy!

No comments: