Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's been a little crazy!




So last week I was planning on posting a tutorial.
Then
The great Wind Storm of 2011 hit my area.
Think, jet engine and freight train sitting about 1 foot outside of my house and that's how loud it was.
Think, hurricane winds with out the rain.
Think, most trees and fences in my neighborhood are blown down - gone.
Think, every single house in my neighborhood lost a good chunk of their roof shingles.
Think, my decorative shutters blown off but blew up in the process.
Think, power poles snapped in two from the wind.
and you'll have some idea what the storm was like.

I was hit by some debris trying to shield my child...I'm bruised but so glad it was me and not her head.
I feel so blessed because it could have been so much worse.
Our phone and Internet were finally restored yesterday.
Who knew our family had become so dependant on the Internet?

Within minutes of the winds dieing down neighbors.....mostly the children were out cleaning up together. Men brought trucks and everyone pitched in and shingles were cleaned off yards, trees were chopped up and hauled away and what would have taken a family hours to do was accomplished in moments.
It was amazing.
It was an example of what humanity should be....all the time.
The storm was not good....
But the effects were......


In the mean time.
I'm still trying to get back into the groove.

No comments: