Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Chronicles



Last year we loaded our family in the car and made the drive to Salt Lake City to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. (They are beautiful.)

I turned the radio on to help distract the kids and bring a little more Christmas Cheer into our car.
This particular evening I tuned into Classical 89.
The pop Christmas songs get so old and redundant to me, I thought I'd switch it up with some classical Christmas tunes.
What we found was not Christmas music though.
It was a narration of the book Christmas Chronicles, and I think it was the 7th of 8 episodes.

We were hooked.....instantly.
We thought about purchasing the CD's but didn't.

This year Classical 89 is playing it again but they're also offering them on demand, online.
So I thought I'd share a link.
Classical 89 Christmas Chronicles Here
So you can enjoy it too.

Call us old fashioned but it has been so refreshing and fun to gather in our living room around the Christmas tree and take 30 minutes to listen to the story of Santa Clause or Saint Klaus.

In no way do I think that this replaces the true meaning of Christmas.
Heavenly Father's gift of His Son to the world, the birth of our Savior.

The story is written in a way that reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.
And it's nice to slow down and look at the smile on my children's faces as they listens. Every one of them are seeing the pictures in their mind, They're deciding what's important to them and we're making memories.
Perfect.



No comments: