Tuesday, April 10, 2012

That's What I Get for Thinking





I was so proud of myself.
I thought I'd finished her Easter dress weeks in advance and it hung in the closet patiently waiting for its big debut.
I thought the Saturday evening before Easter would be spent relaxing and enjoying my family.
(Usually I put off the sewing of the dress until the day before and then I have to stay up late sewing.....)
Not this year though!
After the younger kids were in bed I checked on the dress and realized--------
I HADN'T HEMMED IT!  What? Really? UGH!!!
I guess in my mind the zipper was in, the sleeves were in, the dress was finished.
So around 10pm I headed to the sewing machine and hemmed her dress......then made a skirt for my older daughter, I was sewing anyway, might as well.
I guess being prepared is over-rated.... and I'm destined to be a last minute sew-er forever.

P.S. the little girl loved her dress.....can you tell? And the big girl loved her skirt too.
They both looked beautiful, if I do say so myself.



No comments: