Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hi Again!



It's been a while, wow, has it been a while!
Sorry!
Life....Summer....really happened hard. And so as life got busy I dropped the blog. But I think I can pick it up again. I have craftyness and sewing running around my brain that I need to get out.
What was I up to while I was away?
Lets see....

  • Costumes for a local production of The Music Man
  • Summer camp for the girls in my church ages 12 & 13
  • Ragnar
  • Summer music camp for 3 of my kids
  • Costumes for music camp
  • Drivers Ed......driving with the drivers ed student that lives at my house
  • Tennis Lessons
  • Piano Lessons
  • Voice Lessons
  • House sitting and pet sitting
  • Swimming
  • Lots of family visiting
  • Family parties
  • My brother to help move
  • trips to the lake
  • hiking
  • Camping @ Great Basin National Park
  • 30lbs. lost
  • Back to school shopping.
  • School starting
  • Canning peaches, raspberry jam, tomatoes, salsa, green beans and whatever else I can get my hands on.
  • A 50  year anniversary to plan for and celebrate
  • A trip to Jackson Hole and Grande Teton National Park

It's been a full time job being a mom around here!

But here we are and I'm happy.

Last week we got to spend some time in Jackson Hole Wyoming with my husband's family celebrating his parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Fifty years is quite an accomplishment and I'm so glad we got to share it with them.


On our way home from Jackson we stopped at the Lunch Counter Lookout on the Snake River and we took the opportunity to have our picture taken.
I haven't wanted any pictures of me taken for a long time.
But when you loose a few pounds it tends to make you feel better about yourself so here I am with my love in a couple of pictures that my B.I.L. snapped with his phone.



Trying to climb on that fence was the hardest part. The first log was so high, I felt like a little kid trying to climb on a horse. Then I started laughing and I laughed so hard I couldn't climb. My BIL snapped a few shots of me trying to climb and laughing but he hasn't sent those to me. They better not end up on facebook is all I have to say.
Eventually I made it on the fence, but only after going under the fence and coming at it from up the hill. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be.




So thanks for sticking with me and here's three cheers for kicking the crafty/sewing-ness back in gear!

No comments: