Friday, September 21, 2012

He's Creative!





This cute kid of mine had a birthday this week. 
I got to go to his class and "spotlight" him.
On the wall were "superstar" papers on each of the children in the class. So of course I read the one about my boy.
There were lots of fun facts he filled out about himself but the ones that caught my eye were;

The thing people like best about me is, "I'm creative"
The thing I like best about me is, "I'm creative"

Seriously, how awesome is that? It made my heart smile.

I truly feel that we all have the desire to create deep inside us and creation or being creative can bring great happiness and fulfilment.

You may think you don’t have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us.  The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

To many, being creative only means something in the cultural, performing or visual arts. I think there is so much more to it than that. We can be creative every day and it's as simple as finding a new way of looking at a problem.

So, yes, I am proud of my boy for recognizing and feeling proud that he's creative and I hope he never forgets it!






No comments: