Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween 2010 style






Halloween isn't my husband's favorite holiday, but he does enjoy carving pumpkins.
We've got a good system. I clean out the guts, he carves them.
This year he was particularly busy.
As far as I'm concerned the end result was well worth the work.
Of course I can say that because I didn't have to spend hours carving.
The special request horse pumpkin was for our Dora the Explorer/Horse loving 3 year old little munchkin.
Frankenstein's Monster was requested and mostly completed by our 10 year old builder/inventor.
Cap'n Crunch and The Wild thing were family consensus "just awesome".

We visited the grandparents to show of the kids in their costumes, Ate my mom's traditional chili and donuts and apple cider, and trick-or-treated with my brother's family in the rain. We were beginning to wonder if we'd been transported back to the pacific northwest because it was so wet and reminded us so much of our Halloweens we spent there........I guess this has been an odd year because we've wondered that a lot this year. Utah is not usually this wet.

The older kids helped to hand out candy and then went to 2 separate parties.
The younger kids finished off the day with Disney's Ichabod and Mr. Toad while they examined/counted/sorted their bounty.
We all survived and ended the day exhausted but happy.

Holiday a success!

No comments: