Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Internet and a before and after.


So, our Internet went down, again......
5 days without surfing the web. For.Ev.Er!

We had to go to the library to look up some things for science fair research.
I had borrow the neighbor's Internet to set up Parent Teacher Conferences at the school.
My daughter actually had to check out her Literature Book from her English teacher (because the book is available online they don't give the students their own copy).
So crazy we're all so dependant on the Internet now.
A conversation with my kids went something like this.
Son: Mom, how many U.S. presidents were assassinated?
Me: Three or four, I think. Lets look it up. Oh wait we can't......

So the repairman was supposed to come on Wednesday anytime between 12 noon and 6pm.
Quite a window.
He showed up at 5:45pm
So the Internet is back up and running despite the mobbing it took in the first 5 minutes.
There was facebook and email accounts to be checked after all. (I checked email the teens checked facebook.)

We're happy.

So the oldest of our children received a new camera for Christmas. She's turning into quite the photographer of nature.

She told me the other day, "I can't wait for the weather to get nice enough to go hiking."
Me, "I thought you didn't like to hike."
She replied, "That was before I got my camera, Now I want to take pictures of things."
Good to know. If we had known we may have gotten her one a long time ago.

So here's a picture she took from our back yard. The first is straight out of camera and the second is after some Picniking. Both are beautiful I think.


 Have you heard of Picnik?  It's an online photo editing site that's completely free! I love it and use it quite regularly.
Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to try it too.

Have a great Internet-full day! I'm sure we will!






No comments: